Proposed Work. The section on proposed work should be
about two pages long and should respond to the following questions:
- Specific Aims: What do you intend to do?
Articulate clearly and realistically
what the proposed work is intended to accomplish.
- Significance: Why is the work you propose significant?
How important is the proposed activity to advancing knowledge and
understanding within the computer science field?
- Existing Results: What has already been done? Whose work has
influenced your project? Provide references to the papers
in your survey that relate to your proposed work.
- Research Design and Methods: How are you going to do the
work? Describe the research design and the procedures to be used.
Why are you qualified to carry on this project? What courses or experiences
have prepared you to undertake this project?
- Timeline: Your proposed work should be doable within a
two-month time frame. Provide a tentative sequence or timetable for the project.