Assignment 9 - Arrays and Strings
The following activities require the use of your "Programming in C" zyBook:
Read sections 5.1 - 5.9 (inclusive) of chapter 5, "Arrays in C". Complete all participation
(not challenge) activities listed in these sections:
Activities in the remaining sections are optional but highly recommended if you feel
the need to refresh your understanding of arrays.
- 5.2 Arrays (declaration, initialization, indexing)
- 5.4 Iterating through arrays (refresher)
- 5.8 Debug: Array reverse (refresher)
- Read sections 6.1 - 6.5 (inclusive) of chapter 6, "Strings in C," and complete the
The rest of activities are optional but highly recommended if you wish more practice with C strings.
- 6.2 String access operations (only 6.2.2, 6.2.3, 6.2.5 and the two challenge activities)
- 6.3 Char arrays / C strings (all participation activities)
- 6.4 String comparisons (all participation activities)
- 6.5 String library functions (all participation activities)
The online nature of the zyBook encourages you to try things out and gives you immediate feedback.
There is no limit on how many attempts you can make on the zyBook activities, and all that will be
counted for your grade is completion of the required activities. Note however that your solutions are
not permanently stored by the system, so if you refresh the current page or move to a different page,
your answers will be lost. This feature is intentional, so that students can practice their
understanding of the material as many times as they wish to.
What to turn in
- Nothing. The system will keep track of all completed tasks for each individual student.