rita's mom's daughter's over the phone quick pasta e fagioli
This one was a quickie over the phone, long distance.
- 3 T olive oil
- 4 small ripe Italian plum tomatoes, chopped up
- 1/4 c finely chopped celery and carrots (supermarket salad bar!)
- 1 19oz can white kidney beans (cannellini) (blend 1/4 can to mush)
- salt to taste
- garlic salt (touch)
- ground red pepper (touch)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- when served, abundant
- 1/4 lb broken spaghetti
- Saute the celery, carrots, ant tomatoes in a large pot for 5 minutes or so.
- Dump in the mushed beans and continue another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining beans and broken pasta (about 1/4 lb for 2? broken in several inch lengths
at most) and continue adding boiling water now and then like the risotto ritual to keep
the stuff flowing and cook the pasta.
- After about 15 minutes it should be about done. Stir a lot.
- Feeds 2 hungry people.