mixed bag pasta sauce
Most of the early recipes that were thought good enough to record, but which did not
have time for some inspired little chatter about them, were mercilessly deleted in 2002. A
few survived by chance, who knows why. This one sounds fun.
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 T olive oil
- 10 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 1 shaved carrot (or 1/2)
- 1/3 c sliced olives
- 5 or 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne red pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/3 c light cream
- 2/3 c grated romano cheese (we were out of parmigiano?)
- 1 lb orrecchiette or farfalle or ...
- Start the pasta water boiling and do the pasta.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms. Stir around a bit.
- Then the carrot. Soften.
- Then the olives, tomatoes, salt and peppers.
- After say 10 minutes, add 1/3 c light cream.
- Drain the al dente pasta and combine the sauce with the pasta and cheeses.
- No notes either.