fridge eviction butterflies
We always keep a lot of dry pasta on hand. It keeps. The fridge on the other hand,
doesn't. Or rather its tenants don't. Every once in a while eviction is required. If early
enough, the rousted occupants can be put to some good use other than adding to the rising
landfill problems of our nation.
- 1 lb butterfly pasta
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 small zucchini, food processed together with
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, food processed to mush
- 3 green onions, food processed
- 2 t capers
- 2 T parsley, chopped
- salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- touch of cayenne red pepper
- Start the pasta water boiling and cook the butterflies al dente (don't forget the salt).
- Meanwhile, prep and chop the veggies, food process the rest.
- Cook it all up in a big nonstick pot until it looks right.
- Combine with the pasta and eat.
- Good enough to record the ingredient list, but the details are a bit vague.