chicken artichoke mushroom sauté
dr bob was working late with dr claes. dr stuff, you know.
ms_ani volunteered to do dinner solo. what a pleasant surprise this was. (The way the
result turned out, not that she volunteered ...). The dr bob cooking team cookbook and
recipe collection is pretty big. Mind boggling how many recipes there must be in just the
cookbooks alone, not counting the box of all the compulsively (but selectively) collected
rarely ever consulted newspaper food section clippings. And the multiple boxes of past
issues of hardly read food magazines. One of the food mag cookbooks is Too Busy to Cook.
Unfortunately we're Too Busy to Look, usually. This time ms_ani found the time. And
what a great find. Who knows how many other fabulous recipes will go undiscovered in our
- 2 large chicken breasts, boned, skinned, halved (4 pieces)
- 4 T butter
- 8-10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 15oz can artichoke hearts, rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 c chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 c white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- dredge (?) the chicken with flour, shake off excess.
- heat butter in medium skillet, add chicken and sauté' until golden brown and cooked.
- transfer to heated platter.
- add mushrooms to skillet and sauté' 1 to 2 minutes.
- stir in artichoke hearts, stock, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and let
cook until sauce is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally.
- return chicken to skillet and warm through.
- serve immediately.
- veal scallops can be substituted for the chicken.