Began with installing OpenGL and downloading GLUT and GLEW. The instructions for the installation are
- Install a C++ compiler such as Visual C++ for Windows from http://www.microsoft.com/Express/VC/,
and Xcode from https://developer.apple.com/xcode/ for a Mac.
- Download the GLUT library. Mac OS comes with OpenGL and GLUT already installed. Windows users
need to download glut-3.7.6-bin.zip from http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html. Unzip the
arXive glut32.lib and glut.h. Find these four additional files on your system:
These libraries are part of the operating system, and are usually found in C:\WINDOWS\System32 directory
or in the Visual C++ lib directory (but it might be different on your computer). If the files cannot
be found, they can be downloaded from http://www.swiftless.com/tutorials/opengl/gldrivers.html.
- Move the following files into the specified folders as directed below:
- glut.h, glew.h, wglew.h: go to the "include/gl" folder of either VC++ or SDK where the OpenGL header files
(Search for the folder containing "gl.h" and "glu.h" are already there, and put
glut.h, glew.h, wglew.h there).
- glut32.lib, glew32.lib: to the "Lib" folder of either VC++ or SDK where the OpenGL library files
"opengl32.lib" and "glu43.lib" are already there (Search for the folder containing "opengl32.lib" and
"glu32.lib" and put glut32.lib, glew32.lib there.
- glut32.dll, glew32.dll: to the systems folder where the OpenGL.DLL files "opengl32.gll" and
"glu32.dll" are already there (Search for the folder containing "opengl32.dll" and "glul32.gll",
and put glut32.dll, glew32.dll there).